Friday, September 16, 2011

Weird save names!

While on my space-saving file compression rampage, I couldn't help but notice that, while most of my Oblivion saves had the default naming format (Save Number - Character Name - Location, Level, Playing Time), others had been given some interesting titles. In no particular order, these are the most interesting.

Guh.ess
WorkPlz.ess
HaGotIt.ess
WorkDamnYou.ess
THERE.ess
AxeYay.ess
WtfLevel.ess
PlsDoNotKillMe.ess
ThisIsFaster.ess
FuckingCompass.ess
ARMANDGODDAMN.ess
DamnOgres.ess

I apparently have a lot of hate for the compass. And Armand Christophe. And ogres. (Actually, I remember the story behind ARMANDGODDAMN.ess--he'd become a shut-in and would never appear at the Garden of Dareloth, so I couldn't do any Thieves Guild quests. Turned out that a mod changing the Mages Guild advancement reqs had done it, if you can believe that. The others? I have no idea. I would particularly love to know what ThisIsFaster.ess was named in reference to. What was going on there and why was I attempting to do it faster? Was I cheating my speed up to 9000 to cross the world map? Using a Scroll of Icarian Flight so that I wouldn't have to walk? Brutally murdering people so that I could take their things and not have to waste time robbing them? The suspense is killing me!)

After reading these I kind of want to play Oblivion, but, knowing me, I would end up creating a blog to document my Oblivion-related adventures and we all know what happened to Pyramidopolis after I reinstalled the Sims 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment